An SMD LED Module (surface-mount device light-emitting diode module) is a type of LED module that uses surface-mount technology (SMT) to mount LED chips on printed circuit boards (PCB). It is a self-contained surface-mount LED device designed either to function on its own or to plug into a compatible unit.
- Legacy LED bulbs are getting phased out
- All LED lights will be going with SMD technology
- It’s the technology advancement and manufacturing that keeps making improvement to LED lighting . It appears the technology is getting rotated into the commercial lighting approximately every two years
- Most technology is coming out of China
- SMD technology allows for dimmable and non-dimmable options (patterned lighting and set to music, etc)
- Controllers/Dimmers for SMD technology and animation are very expensive and down always work properly